TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
anyone else who has bought LCA bushings from Jay, if you also got zerk grease fittings with them, do you know what thread it is? I think I know, but it's hard to tell from such few threads on the fittings. Can't afford to ruin these Mark VIII LCAs for no reason. :) Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, just got a reply.

·
Registered
251 Posts
anyone else who has bought LCA bushings from Jay, if you also got zerk grease fittings with them, do you know what thread it is? I think I know, but it's hard to tell from such few threads on the fittings. Can't afford to ruin these gig Mark VIII LCAs for no reason. :) Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, just got a reply.
Would you mind sharing the correct info at all? Or point me there?

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Just curious if anyone knows what the life expectancy of these bushings are? 50,000 miles? 100,000? Lifetime?

·
Registered
72 Posts
-Stainless steel steering u-joint and stub shaft - $150 shipped

----------------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I can also do other machining/lathe work if you happen to have a project that you need done.
Willing to sell me JUST the finished stub shaft? Let me know price including shipping. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
UHMW spring perches for the Mark VIII rear LCA's

Anyone have any of these forsale! If so I want some!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sent payment to Jay 2 months ago and haven't heard from him since. Jay, you ever check this thread???

·
Super Moderator
12,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
How did you initially make contact with him?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Through messaging on here. I've heard he's usually quite busy and I'm in for the long haul with my build so waiting a few weeks wasn't a big deal. Just a bit concerning that it's been 2 months now since I have heard from him. I'm even willing to wait a bit for the set, still. Just want to know my money isn't lost.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Through messaging on here. I've heard he's usually quite busy and I'm in for the long haul with my build so waiting a few weeks wasn't a big deal. Just a bit concerning that it's been 2 months now since I have heard from him. I'm even willing to wait a bit for the set, still. Just want to know my money isn't lost.
Your money isn't lost, but you might be in for a long wait. It took an entire year before I received everything I ordered from him.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Jay is a good dude, he always does his best to make things right for people. He's always super busy and he's a big Chevy Caprice PPV/Pontiac G8 nut nowadays so this stuff is lower on the totem pole so to speak. I'm sure he will take care of you, he does good work.

·
Super Moderator
10,751 Posts
I found this searching other stuff:

Thanks for making this, Derek!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Cool video, but I didn't see any more movement from the alleged wheelhop than I did from regular driving. I expected to see **** bouncing everywhere.

Al

·
Registered
146 Posts
7 months and no bushings, asked for my money back via Paypal. No word since that request, maybe a month ago. I'd still take the bushings if he'd get them to me. At this point I'll have to order them from SCP and spend another $425. Nothing like spending the money twice

·
Super Moderator
3,594 Posts
7 months and no bushings, asked for my money back via Paypal. No word since that request, maybe a month ago. I'd still take the bushings if he'd get them to me. At this point I'll have to order them from SCP and spend another $425. Nothing like spending the money twice
Does PayPal offer payment protection or did you do this by sending money to a friend?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I see this is still going on. I'm really disappointed in Jay. Over two years ago, I had to join with another Facebook group member to call him out publicly before anything got done on an order placed three years ago. This is just bad business. He either needs to be over the personal problems he had three years ago or he needs to quit selling products if he can't deliver on them in a timely manner.

Are the rear sub frame bushings still available?
As far as the parts are concerned, SCP sells the rear knuckle and Mark VIII LCA bushings in UHMW polyethylene. Super Coupes Unlimited (David Dalke) also sells them. SCP sells the UHMW rear subframe bushings. SCP sells the Mark VIII LCA rear spring perches. TBSC Shop sells the front strut rod bushing sleeves.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Very disappointed as well. I did the friends transfer to save him the fee, as I do with everyone. Figured we're all trying to help each other keep these things alive.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts